Tuesday 28 May 2013

Happy Boytday, Mah-cus!

My original baby boy, Marcus Andre just turned 7 a few days ago. Marcus is Jake's first  pamangkin and though he was born here in Australia, he was fortunate enough to come home to the Philippines about twice or thrice while he was still a baby. I babysitted him, changed his nappy, put him to sleep a few times during his vacay in Pinas and gee, he is all grown up now. Where did time go??? Ang bibilis ng lumaki ng mga bata ngayon! Oh no, signs of aging! Honestly now I understand how our titos-titas, and ninongs and ninangs felt whenever they tell us, 'Eto na ba si (insert name)? Ang laki laki na nya! Parang kelan lang!' I used to think it was just something that is automatically being said when you haven't seen someone for a long time. Actually, totoo pala talagang masasabi mo sya! Hehehhe!

Anyway, Marcus is really TALL and SMART for his age. His vocab is above average! I'm sooo proud of this boy as he has grown to be an obedient son to his parents, very respectful of his elders, and a caring and patient kuya to his two younger brothers. When people does something nice for him, he appreciates and thanks that person and in return, makes an effort to do something nice for him/her too. Now you won't find all kids like that nowadays. He was really brought up well by his parents and family.. Ahem ahem kasama ako dun! Hehehe!

So as to celebrate his actual birthday, the entire family threw him a simple pizza-KFC-cake dinner at their home last Saturday to celebrate this very special occasion. Jake and I haven't gotten him a formal 7th bday present yet but we did give him a bag containing all of his favorite treats and boy did he hug me so tight and flooded me with kisses. This boy is the sweetest!

As it is his 7th birthday (special event just as the 18th and 21st), he will be having a bigger party with 'Ninja Turtles' and 'Lego' as his theme. And it's going to be this coming Saturday! I was tasked to decorate his sweets and favours table so I'm really excited! Sinuyod ko nanaman ang Pinterest! This is going to be a challenge though because I don't quite fancy boy themes. I'm no sexist, but diba, mas nakakakilig naman talaga mag ayos for girls?? Anyway, I accepted the challenge nonetheless, and so we shall see! Wipeee if only I could go to the mall now to start shopping for decor stuff- Ok exagg, it's already 10 at night. Hehehehe!  I'm just really a sucker for parties so Im really really excited! Jake's not working on that day too so it's triple the fun! Can't wait to blog about it soon!!!

Meanwhile, here are our photos during Marcus' party#1!


No comments:

Post a Comment