Tuesday 2 April 2013

The Winning Entry by CJ Mendoza: On Finding The Right Person

Miel and CJ

First of all, I really admire both Moki's and Clarissa's work. It would be an honour to be gifted with an invitation by them if we win. Me and fiance met during college and we are each other's first relationship. Our wedding is on February 7th of next year which would also be our 10th year together. It maybe cliche to say, but I honestly believe that we are meant for each other. Before I met him, I was extremely picky in allowing guys to court me, and I never said yes to any of them. But when I met him, I knew that there is something different about him that it took only a month for us to be "officially" together, and we've been inseparable since.

Looking back, it was a relatively smooth road with a few minor bumps and hiccups that were never big enough to destroy our relationship. People often ask what's our secret and how does it feel to be in such a long term relationship which is unusual nowadays. We usually just smile and shrug because we honestly have no idea on what to answer them. I say that time just passes by so fast that before we know it, it's our anniversary again.

But in all seriousness  after years on this relationship, one thing I've realised is that the reason on why everything has been smoothly falling into place is simply because I am with the right person. The right one who loves me despite of my flaws and who faithfully stays by my side no matter what obstacle comes our way.

I thank God that we met quite early in our lives as one of the blessings of a long term relationship is how we have seen each other mature and grow into the persons we are today. And in approximately 10 months, we are finally making it official. I am marrying my best friend, my soul mate, my lover, college boyfriend, travel buddy and number 1 fan.

We deserve to win a free wedding invitation suite by Moki Gray{designs} + calligraphy services of Clarissa Ines + printing services of Concepts & Technology because we are the proof that when two people are right for each other, everything just falls into place. <3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment